Sunday, June 8, 2014

Turn Long Sleeves Into Flutter Sleeves


I got this red shirt at a yard sale (quelle surprise). 
When I bought it, I knew I was gonna make it a short sleeve shirt. 
I think it was 25 cents. I bought it at the same church yard sale that I got this shirt.  


The first thing I did was remove the sleeves with a seam ripper. 



 I used the seam ripper to remove the top 2 buttons.




 I folded the neckline under and pinned.
Then I sewed along the pins.





 I cut along the seam of the sleeves that I removed and laid it out flat.



 I cut off the top of the sleeve to use it as the flutter sleeve.





 I sewed a gathering stitch on the straight edge of the flutter sleeve. 
                                Then I pinned the straight edge to the armhole with right sides together.
I sewed along the pins. 
I forgot to take pictures of the next step (oooopsy)....I zig zag stitched the raw edge of my flutter sleeve. 
I also top-stitched near the shoulder seam. I did two rows of stitches to keep the sleeve a little more in place.






 And that's all there is to it! =)
Thanks for reading!
 I also want to point out my shoes! I love love love them! They were only 50 cents a yard sale! SCORE! =)


***If you have some time, visit my zibbet.com store!***
www.zibbet.com/TheRufflyBuffalo 



No comments:

Post a Comment