Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mad for Plaid

 I'm gonna take a guess and say this dress is from the mid 90's. I remember buying a bunch of dresses in this style from Jean-Nicole at the mall when I was a teenager.  I loved that store.  When I spotted this at Goodwill, it was the colors that grabbed my attention. Just looking at it puts me in a better mood.  That's when I knew this should be reworked into something fun. 

The sleeves had to go. And it needed to be shorter.  Once I did that I realized this had to be made into a strapless number.  So I cut the top off, made a casing at the top of the dress and ran elastic through it.  Trying it on, I decided it shouldn't be a dress anymore. It should be a bathing suit cover up! It's perfect because it's fun and it matches my bathing suit. =)
I did have to add 2 darts in the front and 2 darts in the back to bring the cover up in a smidge.  All that was left to do was hem it and now it's ready to wear to the pool! =)

This took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete and cost $1.


I apologize for the awful pictures. I realize that it looks like I'm leaning to the left. lol I had to take my own pictures. This is what happens when your 6 year old is so done with taking your before and after pictures that she makes up excuses why she can't.

                                        Her excuse? She was late for work. lol

***If you have some time, swing by my zibbet shop and take a look around!***
http://www.zibbet.com/TheRufflyBuffalo
Thanks! =D


No comments:

Post a Comment